Fanning the Flames of Fall
is a complete basic watercolour course for beginner watercolourists
- Do you dream of being able to confidently handle this gorgeous medium but don't know where to start?
- Do you wish you could express yourself and the beauty of autumnal berries, leaves and pods but need help on every aspect of watercolour?
The time for dreaming and wishing is over. I will take you slowly and thoroughly through the whole watercolour process.
At the end of this course you will have clear and confident abilities in:-
- how to use and maintain your materials and equipment thanks to in-depth explanations
- how to mix the main 4 dilutions and consistencies of paint to help you paint like a pro
- how to wet your paper by understanding the main 4 conditions of paper
- how to stretch watercolour paper
- how to know the optimum moment to apply paint and how to control it - watercolour is all about timing!
- how to create 3-D form with watercolour shading and paint believable shadows
- how to continue to teach yourself long after you have completed this course! - empower yourself for further art enlightenment
Ready to make a start?
Let's go - Alison
Hi Teachables! I am Alison Fennell - your art tutor. I am 53 years old, from Wales, UK, a professional artist and fully qualified teacher (BSc. PGCE, Trinity Cert TESOL).
Just recently I was awarded 41st position in the Top 75 rated watercolour tutors on Youtube by a Buzzfeed independent poll.
My mission is to get you on the way with painting watercolour!
I am a thorough and clear teacher who wants you to succeed.
Do you want to respond to fall flora in paint but don't know where to start?
Do you admire watercolour and wish you could express your impressions in it?
Are you overwhelmed by the processes needed to paint loose and in detail?
In slow, clear and methodical steps I'll signpost the trail for you with watercolour wisdom, practice and direction.
You will firm up on basic skills and paint with aplomb.
Its sole aim is to leave you feeling enlightened, empowered and encouraged about the main elements of watercolouring.
You will harvest what you need to continue in a self-directed way with your watercolour as you paint in the comfort of your own home.
Please contact me with any queries at all about what you will gain from studying watercolour with me. Let's settle in for the course that will mould you into a confident watercolour artist.
PreviewWELCOME & What You Will Learn & What We Will Paint
StartSHOPPING LIST - Watercolour Materials & Equipment
StartWATERCOLOUR PAPER - Types of Watercolour Paper & How to stretch watercolour paper (13:40)
PreviewWATERCOLOUR PAINT - Types of Watercolour Paint (25:08)
StartSETTING UP - Palette, Paint, Water & Brushes (22:25)
StartTRACEDOWN - Making Your Own Graphite Tracedown Sheet (3:33)
StartEXPECTATIONS & LEARNING MINDSET & SEEING LIKE AN ARTIST
StartPAPER WETTING - Creating the 4 Watercolour Paper Surfaces - DRY - DAMP - MOIST - FLOODED (12:09)
PreviewPAINT MIXING - Mixing the 4 Consistencies & Dilutions of Paint - VISCOSE MIX - PIGMENTED MIX - PIGMENTED WASH - DILUTE WASH (GLAZE) (12:32)
StartTESTING OUT ALL 4 COMBINATIONS - Painting the 4 Paint Consistencies on the 4 Watercolour Paper Surfaces (31:53)
StartTHIRSTY & MOIST BRUSH & GENERAL BRUSH HANDLING & MARK MAKING (18:59)
StartGETTING PAINT ONTO THE BRUSH & MIXING (12:35)
StartWORKING SET UP FOR WATERCOLOUR (4:15)
StartWASHES- Painting the 3 Types of Wash - FLAT, GRADED & VARIEGATED (17:52)